Mother Pia’s missionary spirit knew no borders!
Students from Mexico attending Dominican schools in California in the 1900’s expressed interest in entering the congregation and their parents asked the Sisters to teach in their home country.
In 1909, Mother Seraphina Maerz traveled to Mexico with two Sisters. On February 9, 1910, St. Rose School in Atzcapozalco, D.F. opened. The Sisters taught residential students and orphans.
Dominican schools and ministries
Today our Sisters in Mexico operate five schools, educating 1,800 students annually.
Our Sisters also serve as catechists and pastoral associates, working in Catholic parishes and supporting the faith and needs of indigenous Mayan peoples in Chiapas, Mexico.
Colegio Junipero, Mexico City
Colegio Robert F. Kennedy, Mexico City
Colegio Tomas de Aquino, Maravatio
Instituto La Paz, Delicias
Instituto Las Casas, San Miguel de Allende
San Martin de Porres Mission, Chiapas