We are currently hiring for two (2) positions.
Mission Advancement Associate Director, Annual Fund
The Dominican Sisters are currently hiring a team member for the position of Mission Advancement Associate Director, Annual Fund. The Associate Director coordinates the congregation’s annual fundraising and outreach programs, expanding and securing financial resources in support of the Dominican Sisters’ mission, projects and ministry priorities. The position is 32-40 hours per week.
- Lead and evaluate the current annual appeal programs
- Develop and implement a comprehensive, donor-centered annual program, including four appeals with a goal of raising $1.5 million
- Research and prepare reports, ensuring transparency and including documenting funds raised, programs supported, goals achieved and other significant aspects of fundraising
- Plan donor stewardship events to enhance participation, expand donor contributions and recognize partners in northern and southern California and in Portland and Arizona.
- Communications and Mission Engagement
- Expand Annual Fund efforts, sharing appeal plans, schedules and outreach programs with the Council, Department leaders and congregational offices to maximize impact and visibility
- Document the impact of the completed annual appeal activity, including the mission goals which were achieved; share these internally and externally, using various media
- Collaborate with the Associate Director for Communications and the Volunteer Coordinator to attract and expand the volunteer program to continue supporting, strengthening and promoting the mission of the Dominican Sisters
- Network with the Motherhouse Administration and the other ministries to understand their fundraising goals and identify collaborative opportunities
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in an area related to this position, plus at least five years’ experience in annual fundraising for a non-profit or Catholic organization
- Energy, patience, openness, flexibility and the ability to work as part of a team, generously contributing skills, knowledge and insights to further the mission, as well as gratefully receiving the same from others
- Well-developed computer skills in Microsoft Office, Donor Perfect, and other appropriate programs, as well as the skill to use social media, websites and Google/data analysis for communication and marketing purposes
- Ability to do effective presentations with interactive processes to small and large groups
For more information or to submit an application letter and resume, please contact Maureen Gallagher at mgallagher@TheReidGroup.biz no later than August 30, 2019.
Food Service Utility Worker
- Working directly under supervision, assist in preparing food in sufficient quantity and quality. Incorporate safety standards, sanitation standards, and department requirements while meeting service schedules.
- General meal preparation and service for Dining Room, Care Center, tray service, functions, and catering special events.
- Prepare pantry and baking items for Food Service operation.
- Serves, holds, and stores food in accordance to Health Department standards.
- Maintains sanitation in work stations and performs daily/weekly cleaning tasks.
This job opportunity is open at our Fremont Motherhouse, located at 43326 Mission Circle, Fremont, CA 94539-5898.
To apply for this Food Service Utility Worker position, please send your resume to Patricia Boland at email@example.com.