Sister Katherine Jean Cowan, OP asks: As we enter into Advent 2018, what does our deepest spirit call us?
- Is it a call to find ways of making Christ present in our home, our world?
- Could it be a call to mend a relationship or an attitude of thought? (The rub with this one is that we cannot simply drop it once Advent is over.)
- Do we gather around an Advent wreath in our home each evening to remind each other of what this preparation for Christmas is all about?
- As we write our Christmas cards, do we pray for these people or for those for whom we are buying gifts?
- Are we careful to be gracious to those working long hours in stores to fulfill our needs?
- Let your imaginations and hearts speak of your own practices?
Let us allow this Advent to awaken our senses to the beauty of the season that surrounds us: color, carols, and the aromas of candles and cooking. We become the messengers of God that we are meant to be by living in gratitude for all of our gifts, including the material ones, and modeling this for others.
Consider joining us in spreading good in the world with support in our ministry: